Established in 1987, the Central Library at Maulana Azad College of Engineering And Technology, Patna. (MACET) is the heart of MACET's teaching, learning and research activities with access to most of the referred databases of the world. The fully-automated library is powered by E-granthalaya software working using barcode technology. The primary mission of the Central Library MACET is to actively engage and enhance learning and research by providing a flexible and stimulating study ambience through seamless and Real-Time Access (RTA) to high quality information resources.
The Library aims to develop a comprehensive collection of Knowledge Enhancing Tools (KETs) for the students, faculties and the research community of the college. The Library Stocks Books, Print Periodicals, Newspapers etc.
Additionally, it arranges classes, workshops or demonstrations of any of the above services for faculty and students.
The Library provides a host of User-Centric Services (UCSs) such as Periodicals , Reference Services, Book Bank Facility, User Orientation Service (UOS), New Arrival Alerts (NAA), On-line Reservation Service (ORS), Bibliographic Service, Photo-copying, Printing and Scanning, Ask-a-Librarian, and a Prompt Expert Support Service (ESS).
RULES & SERVICES
- Identity Card is compulsory for getting access to the library.
- Registration should be done to become a library member prior to using the library resources.
- No personal belongings allowed inside the library.
- Textbooks, printed materials and issued books are not allowed to be taken inside the library.
- Using Mobile phones and audio instruments with or without speaker or headphone is strictly prohibited in the library premises.
- Enter your name and sign in the register kept at the entrance counter before entering library.
- Show the books and other materials which are being taken out of the library to the staff at the entrance counter.
- The librarian may recall any book from any member at any time and the member shall return the same immediately.
- No student is allowed to enter the circulation area without the consent of the library staff.
- Refreshment of any kind shall not be taken anywhere in the library premises.
- Silence to be maintained.
- To serve as the hub of Learning.
- To act as the gateway of knowledge and invention that exist in print and digital formats.
- Updating and improving Library Information Management System